NB "Lucy" - RESTORATION PROJECT - Historic Narrowboats
Narrowboat Lucy - RESTORATION PROJECT -
Above is scan from a 35mm Kodachrome transparency of nb Ian with butty Lucy carrying coal taken by Raymond Hearn around 1967 - 1.5 miles (measured on on the canal) south of the 3 locks at Linslade (Chelmscote).
2010 - nb Lucy is a wooden butty built by Nursers at Braunston in 1951 for the John Knill fleet first registered at Daventry as number 548 on 24th February 1953.
She was re-registererd by Barlows Ltd. in January 1955, and worked by them until 1962.
Lucy was re-registered by Blue Line Cruisers Ltd. in 1962 and paired with motors nb Renfrew and nb Ian, she finished carrying in October 1970.
Moved to Braunston in 1971 outside the Marina until 1977.
Privately owned since 1977, she eventually sank.
In 2008, she was acquired by Pete Boyce as the start of a reconstruction project of this Braunston-built wooden butty.
In May 2009, she was raised and is being restored in the Tess yard at Braunston Turn - nb Lucy (project).
NB Lucy is listed on the National Historic Ships Register.
If you have any more information about this boat, please let us know [email protected]